We've all been there...You get pulled over and you give your excuse for your driving infraction. Then you get a ticket.
Five hundred drivers provided Insurance.com with various excuses they've used to get out of a ticket. These mostly fall on deaf ears. No imagination people! ;)
Here are the top 11 excuses:
1. I couldn't see the sign telling me not to do it: 20.5%.
2. I'm lost and unfamiliar with the roads: 15.6%.
3. I didn't know it was broken: 12.4%.
4. Everyone else was doing it: 6.4%.
5. I'm having an emergency situation in my car. (i.e. a hot drink that spilled.): 5.4%.
6. I missed my turn/exit: 4.8%.
7. I had to go to the bathroom: 4.6%.
8. I didn't do anything dangerous: 4.2%.
9. I was on my way to an emergency. (i.e. the proverbial friend who needs help.): 4%.
10. My GPS said it was the right thing to do: 2.2%.
11. I'm just helping out; I wasn't even supposed to be driving. (i.e. the car’s owner is drunk.): 2%.
It has been a looooong time since I was pulled over but I did just get a warning. Fortunately the officer recognized my voice from the radio and was a listener of the station. It probably helped that I was only speeding a little and not a lot too. ;)
Get Celebrity Gossip, Country Music News, Hear New Music, Watch New Videos and MORE in my blog HERE!