40 Minute Back-Chest Workout:
(You'll have to take minimal rest between reps, but this is a good one!)
1-Push-up/Pull-up Ladder to 10
- 2 push-ups followed by 1 pull-up, 4 push-ups followed by 2 pull-ups etc...all the way to 10 push-ups and 5 pull-ups.
- Do this routine TWICE
2-Dumbell Press / Dumbell Row
- Lay on bench, use two (heavier) dumbells to 8-10 reps
- Immediately follow that with single armed dumbell rows using same weight (8-10 reps)
- Do this routine THREE times
3-"28's" on Pec-Fly Machine / Lat-pull Machine
- "28's" are: 7 full range-of-motion reps; 7 half-range motion reps (0-45 degrees); 7 "other" half-range motion reps (45-90 degrees); 7 full reps (WITHOUT REST BETWEEN)
- Choose a weight that is very challenging by the final 1-2 reps
- You may have to decrease weight by the 3rd-4th sets of 7. MAINTAIN GOOD FORM!
- Complete all 28 reps on pecs first, then all 28 on lats second
4-(BONUS) Push-Up Holds
- Hold a push up half-way for 30sec...then do 10 full range-of-motion push ups (if you pushed yourself during this workout the last 2 or 3 should be VERY challenging!)