35 Questions You should Agree on Before you Get married!
Jon and I talked about these during the morning show. So, I thought since my sister is getting married November 2014 I should have her and her fiance Will answer these questions.
Let's see how well she has him trained :)
1. Does the toilet paper go over or under the roll?
Her: ALWAYS over. I will change it at other people's houses. it annoys me so much
His: No Preference but it I would have to choose...Under
Score: I'll say 1/2 Point
2. Cats? Dogs? Both?
3. Can you eat breakfast for dinner?
Her: no. i barely like breakfast. but will would
Score: I'll say 1 point since she allows it
4. Cold pizza: yes or no?
Her: yes. But prefer warm
His: : yes but preferred warm (more about how hungry you are or the time you have)
5. Is it acceptable to open presents as they arrive or do you have to wait for the actual birthday or holiday?
Her: Birthday immediately. Christmas wait.
His: as you get them
6. Should the dirty forks and knives go in the dishwasher with the handle sticking out of the utensil tray or down in the utensil tray?
Her: don't care. but it should be handle up.
His: handles sticking down
7. Is it acceptable to leave dishes in the sink to "soak" overnight, or do they need to be cleaned before bed?
Her: if they are really terrible then OF COURSE. I'm assuming you mean large pans only. but all dishes need to be handled immediately after dinner.
His: Yes, if necessary to get them clean otherwise preferred to have them clean.
8. Toothpaste: cap on or cap off?
Her: always on.
9. Again on the toothpaste: roll it from the bottom or just squeeze really hard?
Her: roll it. will squeezes. it stresses me out. thankfully we don't use the same.
His: Squeeze really hard
Score: 1/2 Since they use different toothpaste
10. Are towels a one-time use item or do you use the same towel until laundry day?
Her: use them for a few
His: Same until Laundry day
11. How about washcloths?
Her: don’t use
12. Road trip or flying?
Her: flying but I don’t love it.
13. What's the right thread count for sheets?
Her: over 1000. i think we have 1500 on currently.
14. What brand of toilet paper?
Her: cottonelle, Always. Hate quilted northern.
15. Mayo or Miracle Whip?
His: Mayo (Hellmann's)
16. Pepsi or Coke?
Score: 0 (oh no...is this a deal breaker?)
17. Can you eat the holiday candy out in the display bowl or must it be left there for display?
His: Yes you can eat it
18. What is YOUR definition of camping?
Her: everything from backpacking, to car camping, to cabins. to a hotel without free wifi
His: In a tent, in the woods, under the stars, in sleeping bags.
19. Turn the thermostat down when you go out or leave it alone?
20. At what point is a garbage bag too full to stuff more trash in it?
Her: we always try to stuff it.
His: when it is above the top line and stuff falls out
21. How many times is it acceptable to hit the snooze button?
Her: What's snooze. Never. W used to use it. not anymore. i think it's selfish.
22. Thrift store shopping: great deals or gross?
His: I don't think its gross I just haven't done that since High School or College
Score: 1 but Will's answer is pushing it. He should start getting some deals.
23. How far in advance is it OK to plan a vacation?
Her: as far as we can. or as close. depends.
His: 3-6 months
24. Restaurant reservations: necessary or too restrictive?
Her: neither. on vacation I think restrictive. Locally, I think smart.
25. Roller coasters: love 'em or hate 'em?
His: love 'em
26. More chocolate chips, less cookie or more cookie, less chips?
Her: i don’t love cookies. taco dip - more tops or more dip. SAID NO ONE.
His: More chocolate chips
27. How much orange juice must be left in the container for it to be returned to the fridge?
Her: glass full
His: at least a glass
28. Chip clips or just roll the bag up?
29. Call the doctor or just take some medicine at home?
Her: home for a few days. anything more doc
30. Where is the prime location for the TV remote to stay?
Her: where ever i leave it. kitchen counter, couch where i sit or coffee table
His: on the coffee table
31. Is it OK to have a TV in the bedroom?
32. Should folded clothes be put away, or is it OK to just pull as needed from the basket of clean laundry?
Her: this question is crazy. always away. or give away your dresser.
His: put away
Score: 1 (I have a dresser and I love keeping stuff in basket, My sister and I could never get married)
33. Do you need to write a grocery list or just wait until you're walking around the store to figure out what you need?
Her: both. List for not common purchases
34. Making the bed: must-do or waste of time because you're just going to get back in it?
His: Make the bed
35. Is it OK to shave/clip toenails in the living room?
Her: prefer bathroom but doesn't bother me. you can always vacuum
Total: 28 1/2 out of 35
Not too shabby. The ones they didn't agree on weren't really huge deal breakers. It's not like Kids or No Kids. That would be a HUGE deal breaker.
These are just fun little questions but all in all I think they will work.
Jen and I getting married on the other hand would never work. Not only is it illegal, gross and weird but according to this test we would fail miserably.