1. If you're a woman who got married before the age of eighteen, your marriage faces a 48 percent chance of divorce within ten years. Study after study shows that the younger the married couple, the riskier. The risk drops to 40 percent for women who married at age eighteen or nineteen, 29 percent for women who married at age 20 to 24 and 24 percent for women who married at age 25 or older.
2. If you're a woman who wants a child-either a first child or an additional child-much more than your spouse does, your marriage is more than twice as likely to end in divorce compared to couples who agree on how much they do or don't want a child.
3. If you have two sons, you face a 37 percent chance of divorce, but if you have two daughters, the chances go up to 43 percent.
4. If you're a man with high levels of testosterone, you're 43 percent more likely to get divorced than men with low testosterone levels.
5. If your child has been diagnosed with ADHD, you are 22 percent more likely to divorce before that child turns eight compared with parents of a child without ADHD.
6. If you are currently married but have lived with a lover other than your current spouse, you are more than twice as likely to divorce than someone who has never lived with someone.
7. If you didn't smile for pictures early in life, your marriage is five times more likely to end in divorce than if you smiled a lot.
8. If your child has died after the twentieth week of pregnancy, during labor, or soon after labor, you are 40 percent more likely to divorce than if you hadn't lost a child.
9. If you're a woman who has recently been diagnosed with cancer or multiple sclerosis, your marriage is six times more likely to end in divorce than if your husband had been diagnosed with those diseases instead.
10. If you're a Caucasian woman and you're separated from your spouse, there's a 98 percent chance that you'll be divorced within six years of that separation. If you're a Hispanic woman, the chance is 80 percent. If you're an African-American woman, the chance is 72 percent.
11. If you're a dancer or choreographer, you face a 43 percent chance of divorce, compared with mathematicians, who have a 19 percent chance, and animal trainers, who have a 22 percent chance.
12. If you're a farmer or rancher, you have only a 7 percent chance of divorce. Nuclear engineers also have a 7 percent chance. Optometrists have a 4 percent chance.
13. If either you or your spouse have suffered a brain injury, your marriage faces a 17 percent chance of ending in divorce.
14. If you're an African-American woman, your first marriage has a 47 percent chance of ending in divorce within ten years; for Hispanic women, the chance is 34 percent; for Caucasian women, it's 32 percent; for Asian women, it's 20 percent.
15. If you're a woman serving actively in the military, your marriage is 250 percent more likely to end in divorce than that of a man serving in the military.