Not all of the excitement at the 2010 CMA Awards happened on the stage. Here's 10 memorable moments that you didn't see on TV:
1. Neither Miranda Lambert nor Blake Shelton had ever won a CMA award prior to 2010, but all that changed before the show even kicked off. Lambert's "The House That Built Me" took music video of the year during the pre-telecast presentation while "Hillbilly Bone," Shelton's collaboration with Trace Adkins, claimed the musical event award. "That's how I like to start the night," Shelton proclaimed. "I can relax and get drunk now!"
Brad Paisley Wins CMA Entertainer of the Year
Photos of the 2010 CMA Awards
2. After performing with Lambert and Sheryl Crow, Loretta Lynn visited the press room with Sissy Spacek, the actress who portrayed her in "Coal Miner's Daughter." And Lynn gave a verbal thumbs-up to the night's big winner: "Nobody in country music is more country than Miranda."
3. After winning song of the year for writing "The House That Built Me," Allen Shamblin described the home in Huffman, Texas, that inspired it: a place where he would "sneak out the window, lay on the roof and play my guitar."
4. LeAnn Rimes looked svelte and a wee bit defiant on the black carpet in a silvery outfit. The most intriguing element: Her purse looked much like an external hard drive.
5. Those folks at Jack Daniel's are real cut-ups: The sponsors of the black carpet had some of the artists who walked the carpet sign pieces of the flooring and put it up for auction at a post-awards party. For what it's worth: Carpet is preferable to concrete if you pass out from too much Jack...
6. "Oh, oh! I see a star!" Media goes to a lot of trouble to visit the show and set up audio equipment to capture those post-win observations. At exactly the two-hour mark, Sugarland popped into the press room causing much excitement for a couple of sarcastic radio folks. Up 'til then, not a single star had wandered back to chat.
Sugarland Live Q&A, Behind-the-Scenes Video
7. "Oh! Shake it up, CMA!" Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles reacted in shock during a press-room appearance when Blake Shelton took the male vocalist award.
8. With the soon-to-be-wed Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton dominating the night, Lady Antebellum's Charles Kelley said he was anxious for them to have a child so they could "See how good that thing sings."
Miranda Lambert Makes History with 9 CMA Award Nominations
9. Blake Shelton was dazzled by the flood of flashing cameras backstage: "Hey can you get a doctor in here to repair my retina!? Which is awesome!" He also left the pressroom prepped to party, saying "I may not get hit by a bus tonight but I'll damn sure do some damage to my liver."
10. Brad Paisley was more than happy to have Shelton end his three-year run as male vocalist of the year: "People are tired of voting me for me for that," Paisley said. "I've won that for three years. I don't need it anymore."