1. Apartment Building Staff--Suggested Tip: $20 to $100--Tipping depends on you much you have used them during the year. Those who love in large cities tend to spend more than suburbanites. Doormen and handymen should get $50 to $100. Elevator operators should get in the range of $20 to $50.
2. Dog Walker--Suggested Tip: One Week Pay--Daily dog walkers should be tipped one week’s service and/or an inexpensive gift. If the service is less regular, tip the equivalent of one visit.
3. Extracurricular Instructors--Suggested Tip: Gift--If you hire an extracurricular instructor, such as a private tutor, musical teacher, sport coach, or dance instructor, it is important to put some creative thought into their gifts. For example, for a dance instructor, search for their favorite music or a coffee table book about dance. For a piano teacher, unique gifts like bookmarks made from ivory piano keys speak a lot more than a cash tip.
4. Landscaper/Gardener--Suggested Tip: Cost of One Visit--A landscaper should get the cost of one visit. If there is a team, consider giving $10 to $20 each depending on the service and relationship.
5. Mail/Package Delivery--Suggested Tip: Gift--United States Post Office and Fedex workers are not allowed to accept cash. Consider a small gift, gift card, or home-baked treat worth less than $20.
6. Nurses/Private Caregiver--Suggested Tip: Gift or One Week’s Pay--Some private home nurses might not be able to accept cash. If they are allowed, give one week’s pay. For those who can't accept cash, give a gift or a gift card worth as much as $50. In a group setting, you might also consider a gift that everyone can share and doesn't favor only one attendant.
7. Personal Trainer--Suggested Tip: Cost of One Session--If you have worked with a personal trainer for at least six months, the tip can range from one session to one week of service.
8. Teacher--Suggested Tip: Gift/Gift Cards--Check with your child’s school to see if they have a gift-giving policy. Experts say to skip monetary gifts. It may look like you’re bribing the teacher.