1. Employers in California and Illinois will be prohibited from demanding access to workers' password-protected social networking accounts.
2. Teachers in Oregon will be required to report student bullies.
3. In New Hampshire, a rarely used form of late-term abortion will become illegal except to save the life of the mother - and even then only if two doctors from separate hospitals certify the procedure is medically necessary.
4. In Michigan educational institutions will be penalized for dismissing or failing to admit a student who doesn’t provide passwords and other account information used to access private internet and email accounts, including Facebook and Twitter.
5. Also In Michigan, the definition of a "pistol" under the law will now include any firearm less than 26 inches in length. The new definition includes some rifles with folding stocks and will make the weapons subject to the same restrictions as pistols.
6. In Illinois, certain guns currently regulated by state law, including paintball guns. They'll now be excluded from the definition of a firearm and people in military re-enactments will be exempt from some weapons laws.
7. In California, prison workers and peace officers will now be prohibited from having sex with inmates and prisoners in transport.
8. In Illinois, sex offenders will be prohibited from distributing candy on Halloween, or playing Santa or the Easter Bunny.
9. In Oregon, employers won't be allowed to advertise a job vacancy if they won't consider applicants who are currently out of work.
10. In Kentucky, residents will be prohibited from releasing feral or wild hogs back into the wild and Illinois will ban the possession and sale of shark fins.
11. In Florida, the term "motor vehicle" will no longer apply to the specialized all-terrain vehicles with over-sized tires known as "swamp buggies" that are popular in some parts of the state.