1. Bring a date to the event where you know you'll see him. Nothing blocks a guy better than another guy.
2. Remind yourself why he's your ex. Women like to remember only the good things AND NOT THE BAD.
3. Make a pledge and tell your friends, that you won't.
4. Tell yourself you're too good to be looking backwards. A hook-up with an ex is a move in the wrong direction. You're all about progress, positive changes, and new beginnings.
5. Don't drink so much. Give yourself a two-drink limit.
6. Wear granny panties.
7. Practice saying "no." If you're equipped with the proper ammunition, it's easier to pull the trigger. Maybe you've never told him "no" before, and you think you don't know how.