Yesterday Andrew Bogut posted pictures to his Twitter of the cast he has to sport for the next 6 weeks while recovering from his broken hand, dislocated elbow, and sprained wrist. I had to laugh by the way at the text update I got from the Bucks the Sunday morning after the injury. "Bogut out for the season after suffering a broken hand, dislocated elbow, AND sprained wrist." With the "AND" in all caps. As if to say, "damn, if it weren't for that sprained wrist he would have been in the lineup tomorrow!" And yes I signed up for Bucks text updates. Before they started winning. Herb Kohl didn't even sign up for that service, and there is a distinct possibility that Bango is writing the texts. Anyhow here is the pic:
Here's a sign that you have not lived a hard life (read:me). My first thought "my god, what if he uses his right hand for working the mouse on his computer!?" Seriously though, try using your left hand once to operate a mouse for 15 minutes. Brutal.
Aside from that the next thought that popped into my head is that there is a real chance that we next see Andrew Bogut in a Brewers uniform, not a Bucks uniform. The reason for this? Watch:
The ol' tendons fused to the humerus! And that guy is a real doctor, so you know it's legit. T-minus 6 weeks until Bogut is throwing 105mph heat at Miller Park. Hell may as well just trade Bogut for Suppan straight up. My guess is Soup would contribute more to the Bucks injury list than the Brewers anyway. Bonus word: pitch.
PS: Twitter and Facebook is where I get 90 percent of my information these days. The other 10 percent is whatever news I run into while I'm trying to sign in to my fantasy baseball account on yahoo.
PPS: Funky Butt Lovin is my team name in 7 of my 8 fantasy baseball leagues. I spend anywhere between 8 minutes and 4 days trying to come up with a good fantasy team name, and this year I hit a walk off with this one! Also there is not a boy who grew up in the 90's and watched Rookie of the Year that was not trying to intentionally injure his shoulder and arm to make this story become a reality. 12 year olds just ramming their arms into walls and stuff.