Is it wrong that I'm a little turned on by this video? And by a little I mean a lot? Anyway this is essentially what Rodgers has been doing all preseason. Hell he could probably turn that net into a 1,200 yard receiver by year's end. Random thoughts from the 3rd preseason game before the Arena Football League finally gets started.
- Now I know it's hard to nitpick in a 59-24 win over the reigning AFC champs but I guess if I'm concerned about one thing after last night it's the offense. Just lollygagging through that entire game. I mean Donald Driver dropped a pass, Brandon Jackson had a fumble, you think that's going to fly guys? I guess they have one more preseason game to get it together, but if they think 59 points is going to cut it they are FOR SURE wrong.
- In all seriousness is it insane to say that Rodgers could throw for 5,000 yards this year? Like I don't think you'd have to drug test me for saying that. Another 3 TDs in the FIRST HALF. Yawn.
- Morgan Burnett finally showing some life! If you watched him in the first two preseason games you had to be a little concerned about Atari Bigby's injury. And when you're concerned about Bigby not playing you know Burnett had a poor showing. But he finally made (some) decent tackles and showcased those ball hawking skills like you read about. Dude picked off Peyton Manning. The next logical step is retirement right? How are you going to top that?
- Outside of Burnett it was good to see the entire defense have a decent showing. I was a tad concerned (read: screaming out loud while embarrassing myself and others for getting enraged during a preseason game) when the Colts scored on their first possession in 14 seconds. At least the defense made them earn it you know? But after that they buckled down, and any game where a Manning led offense is held to 24 points, that is a victory.
- I have joked about Zombo before and how if he doesn't make the team it's a crime because his name is so awesome. But now I'm starting to believe that if he doesn't make the team it's a crime because HE is so awesome. Dude is everywhere making plays. Sacking QBs, forcing fumbles, and making every broadcaster who sits through a 5 hour preseason game thankful they get to utter his name at least 6 times. Seriously show me a person who doesn't feel better after saying ZOOOOMMMMBOOOOO and I show you a liar. Simple as that.
- Legit question: If Jon Gruden had to pick just one quarterback to make out with who would it be. Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers. I think Gruden just exploded as I typed that.
So we are just two weeks away from this counting for real. The preseason is like waiting in a line to get on Raging Bull at Six Flags. Like you're happy to be at Six Flags, but you're even happier when you finally get on a ride. And I will fight whoever says that Raging Bull is not the best roller coaster in that part. Everyone knows it has the sickest loops and drops. Everyone. I guess you could argue Batman maybe, but that is over in like 25 seconds (that's what she said). So in other words riding the Batman coaster is like being a Lions fan. You wait all year for it and it's over after week 2. Your move Detoit. Your move.