Seriously. If you have one of these or successfully ordered one yesterday you are about to be able to retire tomorrow by throwing it on ebay. As soon as they showed the Packer sideline yesterday I think somewhere between 34234325 and 45345436 people got online to the Packer pro shop and bought them up faster than Google stock in 1999. And of course I saw it on the Pro Shop and thought "welp, certainly these will be around for a long time, I'll just forward this link to my parents for a Christmas gift and bingo bango I'll be rocking the Acme Packer hat in no time." Awareness fail. I mean I literally clicked refresh 4 minutes later and it was gone. The baseball hat too. It got to the point where I wondered if I even saw it. This thing is like a hat unicorn or something. And of course literally every Packer site this morning is sold out. I mean I even looked at some '.net' sites that would probably send me a hat that says "Acne Pakerss" but even those are sold out! I might just print this picture out and tape it to my head.
Whoa...I blacked out there. And on to the game;
- I watched the Victoria's Secret fashion show last Tuesday. Katy Perry, and women in lingerie in HD. Just a total ratings bonanza I'm sure. Easiest programming desicion CBS makes every year. Problem is I didn't see anything on that show that resembled the majesty that is the Aaron Rodgers deep ball. Pure. Filth.
- Step 1: Throw to #85. Step 2: Profit. Like that might be an actual play in the Packer playbook right now. Honestly I don't think it's a stretch to say that Greg Jennings is the best wide receiver in the NFL at the start of business today. Do people realize this guy had like 200 yards and 2 TDs through 5 weeks? Dude's on the verge of 1,000 yards and 11 TDs with 4 games to play. Just making people who were writing him off eat their words. Here's an exert from one particularily insane/good looking blogger after the Washington game:
If Fox hadn't shown a picture of Greg Jennings on the sideline at the end of the game I wouldn't have known he was at the game.
Real cute. Just goes to show you that ANYBODY with a computer and a keyboard is allowed to blog these days. Shameful.
- I'm not going to make James Starks out to be the next Gale Sayers but at the same time he probably is. He ran with purpose and explosiveness that we haven't seen all year. B-Jax is a monster in the screen game, but running between the tackles is not a good look for him. Balance these two properly and the Packers may have a running game just in time for the playoffs/Super Bowl/Parade down Oneida Street.
- This may be a question for a seperate time but who ya got: Rodgers championship belt celebration or Zombo's Zorro sack celebration. Like if you had to choose one.
- DD is back baby! I know people were writing him off because of his injury and age, but that 61 yard TD catch was a microcosm of that guy's entire career. Relentless effort. He looked like Mario after grabbing a star, just untouchable.
- Think Mike McCarthy is going to send an NFL rule book to that crew? Just a category 5 trainwreck from the coin flip.
- Jack Black with a take on Gulliver's Travels may challenge Howard the Duck for worst movie of all time supremacy.
So 8-4 with 4 games to go. Bears beat the Lions and their 3rd string QB by a whopping FOUR points. Second time they've faced a 3rd string QB this season. Must be hard to play football with a horseshoe crammed up your ass. Not that I'm bitter. In any case the Bucs losing helps immensely, so the Packers position is tied for the final spot with the Giants at 8-4, right now the Giants get in on conference record. To say Detoit is a must win next week is an understatement, it's going to come down to the final two weeks at Lambeau. I get paid for that kind of analysis folks.