Who Dat Dog:1. Peyton Manning: 0. Well did I tell you or did I tell you? Not only did the Saints cover, but they won the whole freakin thing! And if you page down one blog you will see that I called it baby! WHOOOOO! I mean I'm starting conversations with people coffee mugs at work just to tell them about my correct prediction. "Man major snowstorm coming today, yeah, hey did you hear I called the winner of the Super Bowl last night?" And so on and so forth. This only proves to me that I need to consult Who Dat dog on every major life desicion I have in my life. Hungry Man or Lunchables for dinner tonight Who Dat dog? Some other ramblings from Super Bowl XLV.....XLVI?.......44.
- I thought it was a pretty weak year for commercials. With that said my favorites were; 1. Betty White Snickers, 2. Google search engine, 3. 6 more weeks of football with mini Troy Palamalu, 4. Simpsons Coke, 5. Betty White Snickers, 6. Dorito's kid with his two rules. The Bud Light human bridge was pretty decent as well. So yeah, by 'pretty weak' I meant 'pretty entertaining' I suppose as I listed off almost every commercial.
- I also wonder how many Sheboyganites logged on to dockers.com/freepants after that ad. As a life long member of the Sheboygan community I know nothing stirs emotions quite like the words 'free' and 'brats.' If the two are ever seen combined I'm 90% sure this city will explode. In any case Dockers got me, I logged on in .4 seconds. Only to find out you had to enter to win and they were only giving away like a thousand pairs of pants. But now everytime I try to type a url into my web browser there is 'dockers.com/freepants' mocking me.
- I'm beginning to think that Phil Simms was hired solely to incorporate the "Phil-osophy' segment. I mean they went to that video package like 27 times. If Simms ever quits my vote is for Phil Collins to slide right into that seat. The guy basically saved the drums as an instrument with his epic solo during "In the Air Tonight." That is way more pivotal than Phil Simms having won two Super Bowl titles. Advantage: Collins.
- The Leno, Letterman, Oprah ad wasn't bad either. Okay I liked the ads this year.
- I thought The Who was a decent halftime act, although based on the status updates I saw on facebook afterwards not too many people agreed. And I have like 24 friends, so that's a good sample size right? As my buddy Pat texted me 'he can still hit the scream' which is basically all you need to do as the frontman of The Who so I'd say they faired pretty well. In a related story despite appearing on the sports page Pat still texts me, so damn kind of him to relate to the commoners still.
- Somewhere while he was counting his money from Hyundai, Brett Favre smiled at the Manning pick.
So another Super Bowl in the books. 12 hours later, is it too early to proclaim the Packers as the 2010 favorite? I waited 11 hours and 52 minutes longer than I normally do. Mainly because I was rooting for the Saints and am giving them the extra 11 hours to drink in their first ever championship. Typically I'm not a huge fan of rooting for a new team once your's is eliminated but in this case I'm pretty sure unless you have been a lifelong Colts fan EVERYONE else wanted to see the Saints win. So going against my nature I got invested in another team. Like when Apollo Creed and Rocky joined forces in Rocky III after being mortal enemies in the first two films. Sometimes an alliance isn't so bad. Also there's this picture;
I mean I almost teared up have already cried 9 times just looking at that. It almost makes me want to have kids at some point.......you feel that? That's my mom getting panicky reading that last sentence. Phone call coming in 5....4.....3... Bonus word: super.