Well what you saw yesterday folks was one team on their way to the top of the NFC absolutely THROTTLE one of the also rans of the conference. Just taking care of business at home against lesser teams like you read about. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if the Lions considered not even getting off the bus or just out and out cancelling the rematch in Detroit. Just a total mismatch from the coin flip. Like me versus a freshly baked chocolate cake, sometimes it's just unfair.
In all seriousness we can all agree to pull a North Korean government here and just talk about the highlights of this game while pretending we won by 30? What's the old saying? Sometimes ignorance is bliss? Well sometimes ignoring the fact that we almost lost to a team that has won only 2 games in over two years with their backup quarterback tossing for 300+ yards and just focusing on the win is bliss.
- Good to see The Predator getting back to business with another sack yesterday, giving him 7 in just 4 games. Of all of the things that were legitimate complaints after the Bears mess the one I couldn't believe people were actually saying was "And where was Clay Matthews....he disappeared!" Yeah you're right, how dare he not get 3 sacks every game! I mean 6 sacks in THREE games? What is this amateur hour? Tell me you didn't like the playcalling, or penalties, or lack of a running game, but don't tell me the Claymaker pulled a no show. The only hope other teams have of stopping him consistently this season is to sign this guy:
- Safe to say Jordy Nelson doesn't want to get pigeon holed in the kick returner job? Only explanation for that two fumble effort yesterday. And that's not to say I don't understand where he's coming from. At my first job in high school I was stuck unloading trucks every night for 8 hours. I knew I had more talent than that. They knew I had more talent than that. I mean put me on the floor, at the cash register, in the photo lab, hell even the service desk, but don't stick me in a spot where my talents are being under utilized. So I did exactly what Jordy is doing here, stopped doing a solid job in order to get moved to a different department.. Switching job responsibilities 101. I mean I got fired, but I'm sure things will work out better for Jordy.
- Anyone else wondering what Greg Jenning's deal is? Like yeah he's got a couple of TD catches this year, but the guy's got maybe 130 yards receiving through 4 games. He was Rodgers go to receiver last season, but seems to be a non factor in most games. Maybe it's double teams, or maybe he's a victim of how many weapons Rodgers has, but he's quickly becoming a lot like The Price is Right minus Bob Barker: irrelevant.
- If you would have told me I'd be writing a bullet point in week 4 pandering for more carries for John Kuhn I would have told you I need to lay off the sauce at work. But at this point he seems to be our best option at running back. Doesn't change the last part of that first sentence though.
- The Lions must have watched too much game film of the Packers/Bears game last week and had our penalty problems (thankfully) seep into their subconscious. Probably McCarthy's plan the entire time. Playing chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers.
- That touchdown pass from Rodgers to Finley would have 200% percent killed me if I had to try to catch it. I've never seen a ball thrown that hard that on point. And I'm not going to lie, it turned me on a little. Luckily the thought of me being turned on is a natural turn off. Even steven.
So yeah we could nitpick a lot of different problems with yesterday's game but the bottom line is that when we're celebrating a parade down Oneida Street in February we're not going to care if we beat Detroit by 2 or 50. Just ask the North Koreans, think they cared that they lost to Brazil 11-1 while they were celebrating another World Cup title? For sure NOT.
PS: I've been trying to work that Price is Right reference into a blog for literally two years. I mean has anybody watched that show lately? Friggin Drew Carey. Where's the moxy?! Where's the poise?! Where are the sex scandals with Barker's beauties?! For shame Carey. For shame.