Grover FTW baby! Legit question: If you had to pick one Sesame Street character to hang out with for a day who would it be and why (show your work)? Sort of like a Sesame Street draft if you will. So I'm about to Mel Kiper the hell out of this (with slightly less screaming and Aqua Net) discussion and present to you my Sesame Street Big Board:
1. Grover. Even without the above commercial I still believe Grover has the all around tools to make an impact on The 'Street. Dude's funny, self aware, and his alter ego Super Grover shows he's a humanitarian. Not phenomonal at one thing but great at many things. Sort of a modern day Bo Jackson.
2. Bert. No nonsense approach shows he's ready to take his call up to the big league's seriously. Not all the talent in the world but his dedication and hard work seperate him from most Muppets. Downgrade for unibrow.
3. Big Bird. Obviously has the size to compete but emotionally unstable and tends to blame all his/her issues on an imaginary elephant/unicorn named Snuffy. Ditch the immaturity and (s)he'll rocket up the board.
4. Elmo. Been watching this prospect since his middle school days when he was tabbed as the next Kermit. Clearly has the skills but has all the attention hindered his focus? Too much time frolicking with Katy Perry and too little time in the film room.
5. Cookie Monster. A rare combination of size and intensity. Has had issues with Performance Enhancing Cookies though. If he can keep clean he'll be solid, if not we're staring at the next Ryan Leaf.
There you have it! Let the arguments begin about the snubbed characters. Well, Ernie was too worried about his rubber ducky and ran his 40 in 5.2 seconds, Oscar blew off the combine, and The Count wouldn't stop counting questions as they were being asked during his interview. Seriously act like a professional for once!
PS: This is what I spend my time thinking about during the day. Like I get paid to think of a Sesame Street power rankings. Advantage: Communications major.