Cue Jump Around baby! And Ric Flair me one time, WHOOOOOOOOOO! Seriously watching that game on Saturday I'm pretty sure every thing I said ended with WHOOOOOO! You'd have thought the Nature Boy himself was in the building. Minus the tan, and the muscles, and the robe, and the women. Plus the wrestling tights. Which come to think of it probably explains the women part. In any case you know it's a big win for Bucky when it makes me less bitter/totally still bitter about the Packer loss. But at least I'm not obsessing over the fact that the Packers lost again in overtime. On stupid penalties, lack of discipline, and abadonment of a running game. And I'm certainly not thinking about a 3rd down conversation rate about as good as the Brewers batting average with runners in scoring position. Nope. None of that matters. Because Bucky rescued the weekend with an impressive win that makes them a top ten team baby! So with that said here are some thoughts about the Packers loss that doesn't bother me.
- Here's a positive: Greg Jennings has been found. 86 yard TD catch and 133 yards on six catches in the game. If he would have pulled another disappearing act this week the Packers would have had to post his name in the misconnection's portion of Craigslist. Us: a team in need of receiver production. You: a one time pro bowl receiver who was last seen in 2009.
- The Packer's penalty numbers are down, but when you have 18 in ONE game even 9 or 10 seems like child's play. Bottom line is they're still there and it seems like they always come at awful times. Like how Spiderman has a 6th sense for danger, the Packers have a 6th sense for when there's a big moment in a game and commit a penalty. Wow, Spiderman and Ric Flair in one blog. Bringing my nerd fastball today.
- Is it possible that Clay Matthews defensive player of the year resume got BETTER by being injured? Because we had zero pass rush without him. Chad Henne had enough time.....to.....do whatever it is Michigan Men do....probably change his desktop wallpaper to a Brad Pitt collage or something.
- Tim Masthay is Jeremy Kapinos version 2.0. Except he has the same errors and even more malfunctions. So he's more like Coke 2 I guess. Either way it's not good, and his lack of hang time and distance cost the Packers field position at the end. Like I watched three more games during the day and EVERY team has a punter who is able to put some air under it and kick it 45-50 yards downfield. Seems basic but we haven't had a decent punter since Craig Hentrich.
- How Shawn Slocum is still employed is beyond me. I've been trying to think of an analogy to better characterize how bad he is at his job but the only person as inept as him that still is employed is me. I mean at least put this guy on notice! At the very least defriend him on facebook or something. Because when my mom watches a game and says "they can't do ANYTHING" after kick returns you know you've got problems. Hi Mom.
Luckily for the Pack this should have a short shelf life with the BrettFavres coming to town on Sunday. I guess at least there is no team in the NFC who is better than 4-2, so you're only a game back. And they should, gasp!, get players back this week when Harris, Bigby, and James Starks come off the PUP list. Also, the Badgers played a hell of a game right?
PS: I told you;