I feel ya little man I feel ya. Just replace 'Raiders' with 'Vikings' here and this may as well be a video of me watching those two match ups last season. Hell this is how I felt about the Vikings BEFORE Favre flipped to dark side Hulk Hogan-NWO style. Now it's been amplified ten fold. But this Sunday is not about Brett Favre returning to Lambeau. It's not about him trying to get revenge on Ted Thompson and it's not about Aaron Rodgers trying to prove something by beating his 'mentor'. And it's certainly not about Favre answering questions about whether he did or didn't sext pictures of the lil' gunslinger to Jenn Sterger. Emphasis on lil'. This is about the Packers trying to resurrect a season that was once ripe with Super Bowl expectations that has now come crashing down to earth due to a roster littered with injuries. Actually the Packer's season feel a whole lot like the movie Battlefield Earth. High paid players/cast, solid backing, but woefully underachieving.
In any case this game could make or break the season. For whatever reason the Packers bye week comes in April so there's still a long way to go before a break to get healthy. And the schedule doesn't do them any favors. After this week they are at the Jets, then a game against a back-up-against-the-wall Cowboys team. Then out of the bye at Minnesota and at Atlanta. Yikes. To say winning every game at Lambeau the rest of the season is a must would be an understatement.
In any case I'll be heading up to Lambeau on Sunday for this showdown. Not quite sure how I'm going to react when Favre comes out of the tunnel. 50% chance that I react like a bitter, Favre jaded Packer fan who boos him. 48% chance I revert to 13 year old Favre loving, cheesehead/Packer footie pajama wearing Jon and give him some applause. 2% chance I tailgate too hard and start yelling "Cutler sucks!" at everyone.
PS: Wait is that kid wearing a Bears shirt? I take it all back. Typical Bears fan. Waaaaaaaaa Jay Cutler throws more picks than TDs. Waaaaaaaa our stadium looks like a spaceship. Waaaaaaaa my parents are forcing me to watch the Raiders. Have some pride for once!
Double PS: Alright that Raiders gripe is legit. No one deserves that.