WHOOOOOOOO! I mean Aaron Rodgers just giving the media the Ron Burgundy 'Go F$# Yourself San Diego!' treatment in the most PG way possible. Honestly that 8 second clip is pretty much the best recap of last night's game you could ask for. Hell I wrote a 5,000 word Bill Simmons-style 5 paragraph essay about how the media and fans need to relax on criticizing Aaron Rodgers last week. Thing had a thesis statement, at least six or seven logical fallacies and everything. And here's A-Rod saying exactly what I was trying to say in 8 seconds. Couple other observations is throwback Strange Brew random thought style.
- Jordy Nelson not only helping will the Packers to victory but also my fantasy team; the Romosexuals. No joke the guy's had a pretty awful fantasy season so far so I had one of those weeks where I benched him on Monday, started him Tuesday, benched him Wednesday, started him Thursday, benched him Friday before eventually deciding to go with him on Sunday (problems, 1st world). Well to say it paid off in spades would be an understatement. Dude dropped a 31 point, 3 touchdown hat trick fantasy night right in my lap. Sliced through the Texans D like Taco Bell through a small intestine. Gross.
- Incredibly hard not to root for the Texans a little bit because they're basically a Badger all star team. JJ Watt, Garret Graham and Owen Daniels all repping Bucky. I half expected to see Touchdown Tony Simmons or Mike Samuel trot onto the field. It felt like that scene in Talladega Nights where Cal calls Ricky from his house and Ricky keeps talking to them like they're friends. "I keep falling back into it...it's like a trick you're pulling on me." Bingo. JJ Watt is a certified beast from the Lawrence Taylor, Clay Matthews mold.
- Don't like Casey Hayward. Love him. 2nd round pick with 3 INT's in the last two games. You get the feeling him and McMillan are like Nick Collins and Tramon Williams version 2.0.
- Am I the only one who wants more Tom Crabtree? Like you've got to respect J-Mike for gutting it out last night but it just feels like he's on his way out. Like one day Finley is going to have a meeting with the Bob's and they're going to ask him; Jermichael, what is it you say, yah do here....and just like that Crabtree will be taking reps with the 1's.
- When's the next time ANYONE admits to being from Penn State on those pregame intros? 30 years? 40?
All in all that game reminded me of Rodgers' Sherman-like march through Atlanta two years ago in the playoffs. One of those NBA Jam 'He's on Fire!' games where Houston had no shot from the word go. And how happy is Matty Flynn that he gets to hold onto his touchdown passes in a game record? When Rodgers went back in at the end I thought for sure he's force it down the field and get #7. Luckily for Flynn, McCarthy pulled him whiel preserving Flynn's place in Packer history as one of the best single games a quarterback every played. That plus he had a top 3 beard in franchise history.
PS: Rodgers' complete and utter destruction of the Texans secondary reminded me of Kramer dominating his dojo.