Alright I know the video will be a little much for some but I thought the latter portion fit the Packers/Jags game to a T. Doesn't matter that we were 16 point favorites playing a team that is the logical choice for contraction. Doesn't matter that they were missing their only offensive weapon. Doesn't matter that we almost got 1-2-3 Kid-ed* from a team that started the game in the wrestling ring with no intro music. STILL. COUNTS.
- Now honestly two things surprised me about the Jaguars. #1: Their defense is, as Larry David would say, pretttayyy preeettttaaay good. Alex Green was running into a brick wall all day and Aaron Rodgers was getting crushed. And #2: Blaine Gabbert ain't half bad. I mean considering he's got the Island of Misfit Toys for weapons I think he was pretty on point most of the day. Like give that guy two competent receivers and a healthy Jones-Drew and that team might not be as turrible as their record. As you can see I've spent most of my time since 3:05PM yesterday trying to justify almost losing at home to a 1-5 team.
- Real talk: when the crowd isn't into it, throw the ball to Donald Driver. You know when there's a fire you see one of those 'break in case of emergency' extinguisher's? That's Double D. Like I couldn't tell if the crowd yesterday was watching an NFL football game at the cathedral of professional football stadiums, or if they were all being forced against their will to watch the DVD extras to The Happening. But when Driver caught a 4 yard pass that didn't even count because of a penalty they went bananas like glass hit and Stone Cold was coming down the ramp.
- Jermichael Finley: I don't always catch passes, but when I do, I act like a frieking idiot. Stay overrated my friends.
- How bitter is Tim Masthay this morning that McCarthy stuck his hand in the cookie jar one too many times and ruined his perfect QB rating?
- I can't explain it but I flat out hate when the Packers play on CBS. Which is weird because I also hate the Buck/Aikman combo on Fox and while I love Al Michaels I find Collingsworth to be....what's the word?.....douchey. Yeah. But doesn't it just feel off when we're on CBS? Like I'm watching a game on the road or something. And what was the deal with Gumble's leather coat yesterday?
Reminds me of that scene from Grandma's Boy: Hey Gumbel, how much do clothes cost in the Matrix?
I guess the game ultimately is what it is. Wasn't pretty but you win your 3rd in a row, tie up the Vikes for 2nd place and move one week closer to the bye to get healthy. Plus I was concerned I was going to be a mush. I was chirping all week about how this was going to be a route and when we were sitting up 14-12 I was about to have a heart attack. Like are they going to make me return my stock if they lose?
*If you followed that old WWF reference you are a special type of degenerate and we need to hang out.