Mitchell doing his best Jay Cutler impersonation there! Quick blog today, on my way to Lambeau for the second time in 4 days. Which would be great if they hadn't lost on Sunday and if they lose tonight I won't be allowed back in. The rules of being a mush are rigid and unrelenting. In baseball it's three straight games in attendance and you're out. In football it's two. And the really sad part is I already have tickets for the Titan game on the 23rd of December. So if they tank it tonight I'm either going to be selling tickets or getting my Bobby Valentine Groucho Marx on.
Now in terms of the actual season I don't want to say this is a must win like a lot of people are. Again, this is the most brutal part of their schedule. I fully expect this team to run off a 10 game winning streak going in to and out of the bye week. This game, Houston and New Orleans are my only concerns. At Chicago I'm not overly worried about. By then Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall will be past the honeymoon and Jay will be sitting in his office playing sad iTunes previews over and over like Michael Scott before games. Bears 101. So yeah, if they lose it's not the end of the world.*
*Read: If they lose tomorrow's blog is titled EVERYBODY PANIC
PS: Me and three friends got tickets for this game on Craigslist. Always a gamble. 80% chance we get tickets, 15% chance we get Bears vs Packers written in crayon on notebook paper, 5% chance we get held up. I'll take those odds.
Double PS: Got to be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of Thursday night football being every week but now that it's here I am stoked. Over/under 20 years until we have football every night of the week. I'd take the over; it would most likely be a logistical nightmare. But an NFL every day for 4 months is the world I hope to one day live in.