On September 30, TMZ posted a series of incriminating photos of Jason Aldean and Brittany Kerr kissing on the patio of The Den in West Hollywood earlier that week. Two days after Aldean, 35, admitted to his indiscretions with the season 11 American Idol contestant and aplogized to his wife Jessica Ussery, Kerr issued her own statement.
Us Weekly uncovered 5 facts you may not know about Aldean's wife, Jessica, below.
1. She was Jason's high school sweetheart in Macon, Georgia. The couple have been together since Jason was 17 years old. They married on Aug. 4, 2001.
2. She's a mother of two girls. The couple shares two daughters, Keely, 9, and Kendyl, 5. "I want them to experience as much of a normal upbringing as they can," Aldean told Country Weekly in October 2012. "I want them to understand that they are very fortunate and very blessed to have the things we have, but it's not the norm."
3. Ussery and Aldean have a strong bond. "We're best friends," Aldean told Nashville Music Scene in February 2011. "I don't even know if you can describe it … I mean, it just doesn't work without her, you know what I mean?"
4. Family time is sacred -- but not always easy to come by -- for the couple. "I try to do as much as I can with the time that I have -- which usually isn't a lot." Aldean told CMT in August 2005. "I'm an open book," he added about his quiet life at home. "I'm very family oriented. I'm a family man."
5. Ussery deals with the finances. "She handles all the stuff I don't want to handle," Aldean told The Boot in January 2011. "I'm the guy who wants to play my music and meet my fans. She picks up the phone and makes the business call. When it comes to the music, she'll give me her opinion if I ask her but that's about it. It works out pretty good."
I HONESTLY hope that Jason and Jessica can work through what they need to and find some sort of peace in whatever decision they come to.