When you get up as early as I do you need a makeup routine that is simple and fast. Here are some tips that I use for a fresh face that takes 5 minutes or less.
- Use a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream. It combines products so you don't have to apply a moisturizer and a foundation. Tinted moisturizer is going to give you a lighter coverage than a BB cream so if you have skin concerns go BB.
- Dab a little blush on the apples of your cheeks and swipe upward toward your hairline.
- Use your ring finger to gently pat concealer under your eye to cover up any dark circles. Use your pinky to blend out toward the outside of your eye.
- Run a brow pencil or a dark shadow through your eyebrows to give them definition and shape your face. Comb through them to make them appear more natural.
- Apply a neutral color eye shadow on the upper lid
- Apply a light highlighter shadow just below the lower lash line
- Put a coat of mascara on upper and lower lashes
- Swipe on a tinted lip balm for a little color and a lot of moisture
You're done. If you're worried about oil throughout the day grab some oil absorbing sheets at the drug store or you can put a layer of loose powder applied with a brush to set your look and absorb any oil.
This is an easy look to transform into a night look too because all you need to do is put on some eyeliner, add a little darker shadow to the outside of the eye and a little highlighter below the brow. Dab on a little darker blush and some lipstick and you're ready to turn heads.