SHEBOYGAN, WI (WHBL) - A structure fire in Sheboygan on Wednesday - caused by unattended food - has displaced at least five people.
Sheboygan Fire Department Shift Commander Dean Klein said they received word of a kitchen fire at a two-apartment complex on the 1400 block of North 12th Street around 5:52 p.m. Fire crews arrived four minutes later, and had the fire out within eight minutes. Fire fighters also aided in retrieving a dog found on a porch roof as it tried to escape. Damage due to the fire is estimated at around $10,000.
Klein said the Red Cross has assisted those displaced by the fire, and that the apartments did not have smoke detectors in them.