TOWN OF WILSON, WI (WHBL) - A weekend fire in Sheboygan County destroyed a home in the town of Wilson and claimed a dog and a cat. Town of Wilson Fire Chief Brian Schmitt said Patrick Miller was sleeping on a couch in the home on Moenning Road when he was awakened by excessive heat about 12:30 on Saturday morning. Schmitt said Miller was able to alert his wife and two kids who were sleeping upstairs and get them out of the house along with two dogs. Schmitt said the fire is believed to have started in a bathroom waste basket and there were no working smoke detectors in the home. Town of Wilson and eight other departments were able to bring the fire under control in about an hour and a half, but not before the home was destroyed.