On Air Now

Listen

Listen Live Now » 93.7 FM Sheboygan, WI

Weather

Current Conditions(Sheboygan,WI 53081)

More Weather »
63° Feels Like: 63°
Wind: NE 5 mph Past 24 hrs - Precip: 0”
Current Radar for Zip

Tonight

Mostly Clear 59°

Tomorrow

Isolated Thunderstorms 72°

Sun Night

Partly Cloudy 60°

Alerts

Paying for emergency radios in Sheboygan County nearly finalized

by
emergency radio system
emergency radio system

SHEBOYGAN COUNTY, WI (WHBL) - The issue of how to pay for new emergency radios in Sheboygan County is nearly resolved.  The county is updating its radio system and, thus, all local entities need to change their radios to be compatible.

On Sheboygan’s Morning News Wednesday, County Administrator Adam Payne said, unlike the last change when the county covered all the costs, this time they wanted to give more ownership to local entities.  So far, two county committees have recommended a 70/30 split in costs.  The county would cover 70 percent while the local emergency unit would cover the remaining 30 percent.  Originally the split was to be 50-50, but Payne said some local emergency groups - like volunteer fire departments -voiced concerns that they may not be able to afford that.

The issue is expected to be finalized by the county board next month.

Comments