SHEBOYGAN, WI (WHBL) - Sheboygan Police are investigating five burglaries that have similar traits. Captain Steve Cobb said the incidents have occurred since early November at four locations. These include:
- St. Cyril and Methodius Church at 828 New Jersey Ave. on November 4
- Holy Family Church at 818 Huron Ave. on December 2
- St. Peter Clavier Church at 1444 South 11th St. on February 23
- St. Cyril and Methodius Church again on March 7
- the Professional Building at 1407 North 8th St. on March 11.
In all instances, entry was forced and, once inside, the suspect targeted collections and petty cash. Cobb said an investigation continues on all incidents, and anyone with information should contact the department.
Also, Cobb is asking the public to take steps to minimize the risk of being a crime victim. They include: locking up cash at a business in a secure location, ensure all doors and windows are locked when leaving a building, and move snow piles and other obstructions that may prevent a clear line of sight from the roadway to the building.