SHEBOYGAN, WI WHBL) - The Sheboygan Fire Department and County Haz Mat Team handled an ammonia leak over the weekend. Fire officials said it happened about five o’clock on Saturday when a passerby reported the odor of ammonia in the 800 block of Michigan Avenue. Crews found a leak in a freezer compressor in the basement of the former Zurheide Ice Cream Company building. They were able to isolate it and then monitored the surrounding neighborhood with meters to make sure there was no danger to area residents. Battalion Chief Kevin Anhalt said Sunday the ammonia was transferred to a vehicle designed to store and transport it.